General info about jtags

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dale
Founder
Dale

Rep : 62

General info about jtags Empty
PostSubject: General info about jtags   General info about jtags I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011, 7:05 pm

If you are looking for a Jtag, and you don't know what type to get, I have made this list of Jtags and abilities.
I have seen a few questions of which Jtag to get. I have also seen "Can I Jtag my Xbox with a USB?"
This is not possible as a Jtag runs and unsigned code which allows you to do whatever you like to the game, which is run emulators, run homebrew games, RTH (Real Time Halo), CoD 4 lobbies. There is a lot to do with Jtag's
Let me get started to get with the Jtags:

Xenon: Probably the most commonly used Jtag, reason being that it takes Type 1 and Type 2 KeyVaults. Tends to heat up too much, not recommended for offline use. Microsoft's first Xbox to launch, uses 203W PSU.

Zephyr: Related motherboard of the Xenon, but has an HDMI video output for better quality, Zephyr doesn't really have a great name considering it heats up as much as an Xenon.

Falcon: Big impact on the RRoD fix, tends to not heat up as much. uses 175W Power Supply Unit (PSU). Recommended for offline use, but still eligible for online use.

Opus: This motherboard is not really sold as a Jtag as they were replacements for unfixable Xenons. Although this Xbox lacks of it's HDMI output, this is very similar to the Falcon.

Jasper: Most reliable Jtag to get as these are very rare and go for a lot of money

How can I tell what KVs my Jtag take?

There are only two types of KeyVaults...Type 1 and Type 2.

Xenon: Only Jtag that can take Type 1 and Type 2 KeyVaults, this is the reason why Xenon's are so very popular with online use.

Zephyr: Takes only Type 2 KeyVaults (Although, someone here stated that their Zephyr can take Type 1 and Type 2?)

Falcon/Opus/Jasper: These Jtags take only Type 2 KeyVaults, most people use these for offline use and rarely online use.

Can I downgrade my Xbox?

No, this has been asked so many times, you cannot downgrade a retail xbox from 9199 dashboard to a <7371 dashboard. Why? Because the 8498 kernal blows your e-fuses.

How much do different Jtags cost?

Various types of Jtag costs different amount.

1. Xenon
Banned $140 - $160 (Various on the seller)
Unbanned $160 - $200

2. Zephyr
Banned $160 - $210
Unbanned $210 - $250

3. Falcon
Banned (Possibly the same as Zephyr)
Unbanned (Possibly the same as Zephyr)

4. Jasper
Banned $250 - $300
Unbanned $300 - $400

This is NOT recommended considering that, you can do much much more with a Jtag. If you are going to get one for MW2, you will just be wasting money. There are plenty of other games you can mod and have fun with. Also, try to be familiar with Xexmenu/how to use patches/etc. before actually buying a Jtag, because I see way too many people buy a Jtag and ask questions later.

hope this clears up confusion
Back to top Go down
http://www.thexboxhackers.net

General info about jtags
Page 1 of 1